Archive for February, 2009

Tornado Alley

Posted in General on February 12, 2009 by camarojones

Ah…it’s wonderful to be back home!



Posted in General on February 10, 2009 by camarojones

Where…can I find this?!?!?!


It might sound disgusting, but I’ve found my tolerance of drinks is much greater than my tolerance of food outside of my normal variety. I’d like to try it just to say I’ve had bacon flavored soda. Mmmmmmm……

Moar Pics…

Posted in Radio Control on February 3, 2009 by camarojones





The latest addition!!!

Posted in Radio Control on February 1, 2009 by camarojones


For now, this is a placeholder. Mine was assembled, and once I was ready to get the pitch ranges knocked out and blades tracked, I found that the motor is shorting out…NOT GOOD!

When I bought it, it was pre-assembled, but only for a display. I had to reverse some stuff, and stall a few small things, and adjust the head. I got everything ready, and once I finally finred it up, the motor started glitching. I dropped it back to a 3-cell battery (this one is a 6-cell…22v system) and tried a different motor. Works fine. ramped it back up to the 6-cell system and the motor still worked. The stock motor was fried, so I contacted my buddy and the new motor should be here on Tuesday, then I’ll be in the air.

The specs on this pony are:

  • Length: 620mm
  • Height : 210mm including head button
  • Main Rotor Diameter: 775mm
  • Tail Rotor Diameter: 157mm
  • Blade Length: 350mm
  • Main Gear: 150T
  • Auto Rotation: 106T
  • Tail Drive Gear: 25T
  • Pinion Gear: 11T
  • Flying Weight 780-850 Grams
  • Black plastic tail blades
  • White fiberglass 350mm main blades (Rotortech 350mm shown in pic are in storage)
  • Painted fiberglass canopy (Different than the above pic)
  • Black G10 fiberglass frame and landing gear and fin set

The motor included is the Outrage 1700kV upgrade, and a HobbyWing Pentium 40A. Nice high capacity ESC, even though the max amp draw is around 20A.

Mine has Hitec HS-65MG servos on the cyclic, and a S9157 digital on the tail with the new ATV-enabled heading hold Telebee/Zoom gyro. So far, I’ve got the gyro set up to avoid drifing, and regardless of the temperature it has yet to drift. Looks like my old one is going to be replaced.

It also included a new charger for the 6-cell battery…Maxpro X6. Instead of charging through the balance connectors, it charges through the main Deans, and uses the balances for monitoring. It’s not a fully automatic system. It can detect how many cells it is, but you have to manually put what type and the capacity. The good thing though, is that it can do LiPo, Li-Ion, Ni-MH, Ni-Cd, and Lead (car batteries). It works on all of them.

Now, I just need to get that motor in and start having some fun.